Wednesday 7 June 2017

Summer beauty picks


If you read my post on packing for Spain you may be wondering where all the beauty items are, well you know me, I built up quite a stash! So I picked out a few new bits that I have been looking forward to trying.

I love summer beauty, the bronze/glow, the coconut "holiday" inspired scents, the bright pops of colour on lips and nails - whats not to love?

With out further a do, here are my holiday picks

Nuxe Sun Delicious Fragrant Water £26.00

Summer in a bottle? yeah kinda, sorry, but that is how I would describe it. Having said that, its not too "summer holiday" y'know like the scents that are borderline sun cream? no, its not one of them. The main players are sweet orange and petitgrain, which is backed up with coconut, tiare flower, vanilla and musk. A blend which I find perfect for both day and night whilst in a warm climate. I have never been disappointed with Nuxe (in fact my fave all time body cleanser is from Nuxe) and this fragrance carries through my love for the brand. The only down side is that it is a bit heafty for travel, plus it's a glass bottle, but it will be the only one you need! I bought mine from M&S, link here

Body Shop Honey Bronze Tinted Leg Mist - £16.00

A wash off tan for legs, which actually I use on my arms too (and anywhere else that needs it!) good for a last minute "oh no I need to get my legs out but for got to tan" moment, plus it washes off if you make any mistakes! I like this to fill in any streaky/white patches - the aftermath of a tanning session that didn't go as planned. It's enough to take the edge off, but not too dark at the same time. Its a matte finish, which I prefer, because you then have the option to add shimmer if you want too!

Body Shop Honey Bronze Drops of Sun Holiday Glow Creator - £12.00

I kinda have a bad habit of sticking to one shade of foundation, come rain or shine, its always pale. Which is fine for most of the year, but for the warmer months I need to turn up the saturation to match the rest of me. Instead of buying another shade, I usually just add bronzer over the top and hope for the best. Not this year, I have got savvy and bought the Drops of Sun from The Body Shop. This vial contains a tan coloured liquid that you add to your current foundation to make it darker. I have been adding this to my Giorgio Armarni Power Fabric foundation which works well to change the shade, just enough to make a difference. Less is more, start with one drop and see how you go!

The Body Shop - Skin Defence Multi Protection Essense - SPF 50 - £16.00

I have recently been reflecting on my past skin care, and have wondered why I didn't start certain things earlier - like eye cream for example. The same goes for SPF, I used to just slap on a bit of factor 15 that was on my hands, left over from applying to the rest of my body. Now I need to up my game, because it really is so important to look after your skin! so this time I have gone for Factor 50 Skin Defecnce from The Body Shop - a broad spectrum UVA/UVB. I am actually quite suprised how light weight this cream is, no greasiness and absorbs quickly into the skin! so far, no effects on my spot prone skin!

Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil - £19.00

I have read the hype about these in the past, so this year I decided to try it and opted for one of the new shades - tangerine. These are tinted lip glosses which nourish the lips, leaving them nice and smooth. From the swatches I did in store (and from what the sales assistant said) there is not too much difference in colour when they are on the lips and to go for a smell preference! This one doesn't smell like tangerine to me, more like strawberry hubba bubba! but it does give an orange tint to the lips which I quite like for summer.


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely summer picks, the nuxe fragrance sounds gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig