Sunday 26 February 2017

February Favourites 2017 - New Skincare, Makeup, Chanel and more!


One of my favourite types of blog post to read and video to watch is "favourites of the month" I like how it gives a little snippet of what people have been using and enjoying over the past month. So I am going to try and publish a regular fav post - it's the type of monthly that I actually enjoy and welcome.


So let's crack on and have a nosey at this months favourite items.

Formula 10.0.6 - So Totally Clean Deep Pore Cleanser -£8.99 - link HERE

I spotted this new range whilst in Boots recently and selected the Deep Pore Cleanser as my first product to try. I have a problem with large pores across my nose (combine that with oil and its not a happy situation) so anything claiming to deep cleanse pores and I am there. I have to say that if I had the opportunity to smell this before buying it, I wouldn't have purchased it, as it is very scented. It has a strong fragrance, combined with alcohol makes it quite overwhelming. I describe the smell as this - a bottle of baby lotion, sun cream and alcohol that has spilled and had a party in your beach bag - imagine that scent? yep that's it. To be honest I was put off by the smell and almost didn't even try it. But I am glad that I did, the morning after my first try, the pores across my nose looked clean and minimised! I was not expecting that at all. I have continued to use this as my second cleanse to really deep clean the pores, I can actually see it working as I apply it now.
 OK so probably not the best for sensitive skin, but if you are like me and need an extra boost in pore cleansing then I would give it a try. It really does prove that you should not judge a book by its cover, or in this case, a cleanser by its smell. 


L'Oreal Paris Pure Clay Glow Scrub Cleanser - £3.99 (on offer) link HERE

I have tried a few items within this range and this cleanser is my favourite so far (followed by the charcoal mask) I use this as my morning cleanser to wash away all of the oil and impurities from the night before. For me, it has the right amount of abrasion and the clay really does absorb the oil away leaving my skin feeling smooth and clean - I now want to try the mask! 


Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in the shade Very Victoria £24.00 - link  HERE

This is my first Charlotte Tilbury lipstick.....I know, I know, shame on me. This shade is perfect for a dark neutral lip, it matches the darker tones of my natural lip colour beautifully! the finish is matte but not drying at all, in fact it feels lovely and smooth and comfortable to wear. This has definitely made me what to investigate other shades....


Chanel Classic Wallet On Chain (WOC) handbag link HERE

This next item deserves a red carpet, why? its Chanel darling! anything with the CC logo on deserves the VIP treatment. Not that I am a label snob or anything (my next bag is from B&M OK?) but Chanel style is something that I love, its timeless, chic and in my opinion, just fabulous. So, when hubby was in Heathrow, he pinged me a lil pic with two handbags to choose from, smooth/textured, silver/gold hardware. As much as I love the gold, I think silver is more me so I went for smooth calf skin with silver hardware. If you are thinking of purchasing, and have opportunity to do so, take a look in Heathrow airport as a big saving can be made, this retails for £1630 but I got it for £1355, see who says I waste money....a part of me feels the need to apologise for spending so much, but at the end of the day it's what I like to do so should I really have to apologise? I think it's the mum guilt kicking in! which reminds me, I have written a piece for Good to Know about mum guilt which you can read HERE


B&M Shopper bag - £2.50 

One day Chanel, the next B&M - a true representation that I buy what I like and it doesn't matter where its from! this is being sold as a shopper bag but I am actually going to use it as a beach bag. The chunky rope handles, cream and grey stripe, water proof lining, all lends itself to a promenade purse.There are a few other patterns available too, different colour stripes and a geometric pattern, but for me it had to be the grey!



Sunday Riley U.F.O Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil - £68.00 link HERE

I still need to do a full review of this item (but I don't feel quite ready to do so yet) but what I have enjoyed doing is dropping it into a matte foundation to make it more wearable for me (Urban Decay All-Nighter review here). To use the foundation up, I have added a drop or two of this oil to make the finish more dewy and to make the foundation easier to work with. This is a suggestion on the bottle, which at first I was not too sure about due to the green colour. However it does not affect the colour at all, plus I feel like I am treating my pores whilst wearing foundation.


Lancome Cushion Blush Subtil Blusher in the shade - Sparkling Framboise - £29.50 link HERE

Its a tad expensive for a blusher (try very) but, the pink shade screamed out to me whilst I was eyeballing the cushion blush/foundation selection at Lancome. I was also drawn in by the cushion (yep, love a gimmick I do) as I normally use a powder blusher. However I love the finish that this blush gives, a little flush of colour - yet it is very pigmented and buildable too with great staying power. Personally I do not use the sponge supplied for application, instead I use a blush brush to sweep over my cheeks.


The Unmumsy Mum by Sarah Turner - £6.49 link HERE

If you are a mum I am sure you've heard about, or even read this book. If you haven't you need to, it's a very true and honest perspective of motherhood with lots of LOL moments. I forgot myself whilst reading this on the train to the Instagram meet-up the other day and let out a chortle/snort. It is worth the chort though (chortle/snort?) I am looking forward to reading her next book which is out now - The diaries of the unmumsy mum.


I have also filmed a favourites vid on my Youtube channel - you can watch it below! 





http://honestmum.com/brilliant-blog-posts-2nd-march-2017/
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hi dear,

    Nice day!

    This is Irfan Mustafa from Japan Import, which sells JEINDEER Eyelash Curler.

    Your blog is awesome and you have a great taste on fashion and beauty. I'm inviting the partners like you to have a cooperation.....

    we will cooperate via review post. We will send you a JEINDEER Eyelash Curler for free.

    If you are interested in this cooperation invitation, please reply to me.

    Thank you for reading this cooperation invitation patiently


    Best regards,
    Irfan Mustafa
    yazanwirsa@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Chanel, going to treat myself to one when my book comes out next year, I've blogged about my lust list. Such a lush classic. Fab beauty pics and congrats again on Good to Know.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig